Organizing a trip to Peru with such a diverse itinerary has been challenging. But it has been a lot of fun and a welcomed distraction from everything that has happened. So much to do and see in Peru. My departure date is still pending, but it looks like it will be the end of this month or August. It’s interesting to learn about the ancient civilizations that existed throughout Peruvian history.
Is it possible that much of our history has been perverted, distorted, and forgotten? Maybe ancient civilizations were far more advanced than they are given credit for and had a vast knowledge of the nature of the universe, our true purpose, and unleashing our minds’ full potential (pineal gland).
Are we trying to fill these voids today with things that will never satisfy our souls or help us reach our full potential? Have we slowly forgotten our spiritual purpose on this planet and focused more on our physical sensations. It could very well be why some people are drawn to these ancient places to seek enlightenment in some circumstances.
Now I’m not saying I believe a lot of the stuff you read or watch, but it sure is interesting to think about, and it never hurts to broaden your horizons; maybe the best thing to do is experience it for ourselves.
- Flight Pittsburgh to Miami
- Flight Miami to Lima
- 2-3 days in Lima exploring the city, culture, and gastronomy
- Lima to Puerto Maldonado, Amazon Jungle for 3 days
- Meet with Shipebo Shamans and trek deep into the amazon, LoL cannibal tribes anyone!
- Puerto Maldonado to Cusco
- 2 days in Cusco exploring the most ancient city in the world while acclimatizing to the altitude before the Inca trail hike to Machu Picchu. The locals say drink tea made from coca leaves to help with altitude sickness.
- Ollantaytambo’s and sacred Inca Valley
- 4 day hike on the Inca trail to Machu Picchu
- Full day at Machu Picchu
- Train back to Cusco for a day
- Cusco to Mercado San Camilo, Arequipauippa
- 2 days in Arequipauippa, ayahuasca anyone?
- Arequipauippa back to Lima for a day
- I should come home but………..The Galapagos,sound interesting……😁
2 thoughts on “Peru: tentative itinerary”
Safe travels. We will follow you along the way.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Will be with you in spirit..wishing you a safe trip. Enjoy this fabulous adventure.
Prayers for your safety.
LikeLiked by 1 person